After successfully creating a instance via this tutorial . Attach a Elastic IP address to your instance.
To associate a EIP to your instance, locate and click on Elastic IP’s under Network & Security present on bottom left hand side of your EC2 management console.
#Next click on Allocate New Address -> EIP used in EC2 -> Yes, Allocate.
#Right click on newly created IP address -> Associate -> Select instance from the drop down -> Yes, Associate
This was all about EIP. Next we come across another important thing after creating a instance i.e Security Group.
Things to keep in mind
- Ubuntu version 11.04+ is considered in this tutorial
- Make sure Port 22 is opened in your security group.
- You are on Windows Platform.
- Since it is a Ubuntu instance, no GUI interface is available. All the tasks are done using CLI (Command Line Interface)
- Refer to this tutorial for EIP/DNS/FQDN and Security Groups before proceeding, only if you are not familiar – http://wp.me/p31qfW-h Continue reading